1. General Information
2. Customer Data Legal Justification for Storage and Use
As it is necessary for performance of our work (using your address for shipments, collecting payments etc.) we will store your data. All customer data provided in the registration process will be stored by myGermany, and encrypted and protected against destruction, loss, unauthorised access, or inappropriate use. For this reason, we have teamed up with our cooperation partner HostEurope, whose colocation centre ranks among the largest and most secure ones in Germany.
3. Collection & Use of Customer Data
myGermany guarantees to store only such customer data, which are considered important with respect to the handling of the respective processes. For what purposes are the customer data used by myGermany?
- CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION –Communication with our customers, Customer support, and internal email marketing.
Programs intern: Thunderbird,
Programs extern: WP Newsletter and LiveChat.
Used data: names and eMail addresses.
- EMAIL COMMUNICATION –All personal customer data stored by myGermany are shown in your customer account. E-mail addresses will be used for direct communication with our customers and re-marketing, only. This includes the welcome e-mail sent to you upon your signup, messages in the event of incoming or forwarded shipments, announcements made by myGermany to inform you about news or changes, and re-marketing activities.
eMail Re-Marketing:We also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies if you agree, including the GoogleAdWords and GoogleTagManager tracking cookies. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN).
- CUSTOMER DATA USAGE MANAGEMENT –Registration, Authentication, Customer Account Processes.
Our System: LifeRay hosted at HostEurope in Europe/Germany and Luxembourg. Used data: all data stored in your account such as name, address, contact data and our order details.
- OUR WORK –Check and inspection of incoming shipments.
Used data: all data stored in your account such as name, address, contact data and our order details.
- ACCOUNTANCY– Processing personal date for invoice and financial reporting processes.
Programs extern: Datev.
Used data: names and address.
- CONCIERGE– Placing orders on behalf of customers (concierge service).
Used data: your surname as we order on your behalf.
- ANALYTICS –For statistical purposes we use anonymized data only, see section Cookies & Trackers section.
- PAYMENTS –For transactions specific data will be submitted to secure 3rd party payment providers, such as Paypal, WireCard, AliPay, UnionPay etc.
Used data for compliance checks only are transaction relevant data only, these data are submitted by the payment provider only, myGermany does not ask/store your complete payment data.
- SOCIAL NETWORK SITES –Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each a “SNS”). If you connect to a SNS through our Site you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Notice. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
- INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED –We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using cookies and trackers. Please refer to the Cookies & Trackers section below for more details.
4. Who gets access to Customer Data?
Who can see or access your personal customer data?
- All of thosestaff members of myGermany, who are trained in the processing and handling of data subject to privacy protection laws.
- Our board of management (in exceptional cases).
- Our carriage service providersare provided only with such data necessary for the fulfilment of customer orders, which excludes the disclosure of E-mail addresses or telephone numbers.
- Our online payment partnersare provided only with order-related data, enabling them to verify and carry out the payment process.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. myGermany may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
5. Cookies & Trackers such as Google, Facebook etc.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
|Cookies/Trackers we use / type of cookie||Purpose|
|WE DON’T USE
|These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
Analytics and Performance Cookies, we use
GoogleAnalytics and GoogleTagManager)
|These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information.
We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here.
Social Media Cookies (e.g. FacebookCustomAudience, FacebookContent)
|These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.|
With GoogleTagManager, GoogleAnalytics, and other partner we posses Data Processing Agreements.
We use Google Fonts stored locally on our own server.
OptOut / Disabling Trackers and Cookies:
2)Another option is, that you can remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
We don’t use pixel tags.
Do Not Track Signals:
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visithttp://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6. Customer Rights
The consent to use and store personal customer data is optional and, hence, not mandatory. However, the customer´s refusal of consent regarding the use and storage of their data entails the refusal on part of myGermany to provide any services or forward shipments to customers. myGermany will always be at your disposal for all your queries or concerns related to the German Act of Data Privacy, such as:
- Detailed information on the use of your data
- Request for a copy of the personal data provided by you in your customer profile
- Request for updates or adjustments regarding your data
- Withdrawal of your consent to disclose your data to carriage service providers and online payment partners.
Moreover, upon your request, we will delete your data from your our servers at any time. The contact details of the competent department are stated below:
7. Your Choices (incl. Changes / Deletion Personal Information etc.)
Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information:
All account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
Deletion of your Data:
Due to our obligation regarding the applicable tax provisions, the immediate deletion of customer data is usually not possible, unless explicitly requested by the customer. The termination of the contractual relationship doesn´t diminish the right of the customer to have his profile data adjusted or deleted at any time.
(§35 Abs 2 BDSG-alt / Art. 17 Abs. 1 DS-GVO “Right to be forgotten”) Deletion of your data is possible when:
Registered Customers who have undertaken transactions, e.g. paid 1 EUR registration fee
Request: If you request us to close your account, account will be closed 1 month after request.
Inactivity: If account was not used for 36 months, account will be closed after 36 months.
Your data, we can delete after 10 years only, as per §257 HGB German Law, we are forced to keep data 10 years if they are transaction-relevant.
Registered Customers who have NOT undertaken any transactions, e.g. not paid 1 EUR registration fee
Request: If you request us to close your account, your account/data will be closed/delted 1 month after request.
Inactivity: If account was not used for 36 months, your account/data will be closed/deleted after 36 months.
Newsletter & Email Communications:
You may opt out of newsletters and marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions on a link at the bottom of each such email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails if you are registered with us.
If you gave us consent to use your personal information, but wish to update or delete it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choosing not to share your Personal Information:
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services and may need to close your account. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in the Services or through other appropriate means.
Uninstalling our applications:
We do not provide any local installation.
8. Information on User Behaviour
Every access to our homepage is logged. These data are not person-related – hence, myGermany cannot trace back, what kind of data are called up by which user. The IP-address of the computer used to call up our homepage is not stored. Therefore, the generation of person-related user profiles is not possible. The data are used for statistic surveys serving internal purposes of myGermany. Above-mentioned surveys are, by no means, linked with customer data. The survey or evaluation of said data is conducted by myGermany. This excludes the disclosure of data towards third parties.
9. Data Privacy & Security
myGermany handles your data though a managed and passord-protected access controll, and guarantees for a secure, encrypted data transmission using SSL (Secure Socket Layer). All individual order details such as the name or address of the customer, and product specifications are transmitted in an encrypted way and stored on a server which is protected against unauthorised access. We are committed to provide our customers with the highest level of security. Therefore we cooperate only with certified payment service providers that meet our high requirements especially regarding the data transmission involving payments made by debit- or credit cards. myGermany will never store any information or date with respect to your debit or credit card. However, the responsibility with respect to the security of the browser used rests with the customer.
Any personal data breaches which would significantly harm individuals will be reported within 72 hours to the German Information Commissioner’s Office in Bonn (Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit) & to our local Thuringian Department (Thüringer Landesbeauftrage für den Datenschutz und die Informationssicherheit ») using standardizes processes and forms.
11.Final Provisions and Subject Access Requests (DPO)
myGermany reserves the right to make amendments or updates of this data privacy agreement. In such an event, myGermany will directly inform their customers and publish an update on their homepage in a timely manner. Please don´t hesitate to address your queries or complaints concerning data privacy to myGermany at any time under: